Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

Benzema? I prefer the beautiful Olivier

 
 

+Stephen Couling (CoulingKnows) 

23/07/2015

 

Now from everything I have seen on Twitter I think I may get some hate from this post but I really cannot see how Benzema will help Arsenal move forward.
 

 
Anyone who has read my previous tweets would know my admiration for Olivier Giroud. When he signed from Montepellier he had just won the League 1 title and finished that campaign as joint top goal scorer. He did struggle with his move to the premiership and took him a while to get into the swing of things and perhaps his first season wasn't very impressive but last season I thought he had showings of something special.
 
A big target man than can hold up play and allows the superstars in midfield to get involved in play, not the normal Arsenal way I know this but fcuk me he is good at it. Think back to when we played away at Goodison park and were 2 - 0 down until Aaron Ramsey pulled one back. Giroud muscled Evertons back four and beat Distin purely on strength to save a point and our blushes after being blown away the season the before.
 
I think the Premier league Centre backs would eat Benzema for breakfast and he doesn't have the grit to help Arsenal progress.
 
Benzema scored 15 goals last term in the La Liga, one more than Giroud. He played 29 games compared to Girouds 27.
 
With Welbeck and Theo also looking to make their mark that end of the pitch I would much prefer an arsehole of a midfielder to compete with Coquelin.
 
Now I am not saying the Frenchman is shit or anything like that, Madrid do not have shit players lets be honest but relying on him to help us win the league? I don't think so and for 40M? Laughable in my eyes.
 
Let me know what you think. Tweet me @Coulingknows or visit my Facebook page Coulingknows.
 
#Coulingknows 

No comments:

Post a Comment